Agriculture Investment Summit
The Farm Bureau Agriculture Investment Summit connects rural entrepreneurs with associates from venture capital funds and accelerator programs. The two-day Summit takes place at the American Farm Bureau Annual Convention in January. The first day is a full-day conference that teaches rural entrepreneurs about venture capital and the risks and opportunities in taking on investors. The second day is set aside for entrepreneurs to pitch their businesses to a panel of investors. Throughout the Summit the entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to network with investors and with each other.
Entrepreneurs are selected to participate in the Summit who have applied to the Rural Entrepreneurship Challenge and scored highly with the judging panel. Investors are selected to participate who have a commitment to helping rural entrepreneurs thrive and represent investment funds that are targeted toward agriculture and/or rural businesses.
Check out materials from last year's Summit:
Any questions? Contact Lisa Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Thanks to our participating investors & experts
- James M. Ash, Husch Blackwell LLP
- Jan Bouten, Innova
- Brett Brohl, Techstars Startup Next Food & Tech
- Kate Collins, Kirchner Food Fellowship Program
- Jude Conway, Ag Ventures Alliance
- Steve Dauphin, Kirchner Group
- Dave Dornbirer, CoBank
- Ben Fogle, Farm Credit Services of America
- Tim Hassler, Advantage Capital Agribusiness Partners
- Adam Koppes, Iowa Farm Bureau Federation
- Edward McNulty, CVF Capital Partners
- Jeff Moen, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
- Whitney Muse, Village Capital
- Pete Nelson, Ag Innovation Development Group
- Matt Plummer, The Yield Lab
- Justin Renfro, Chill Charters and formerly of Kiva.org
- Mike Taylor, Midwest Growth Partners
- Mark White, Prairie Crest Capital
Special Thanks to our participating entrepreneurs
- Ryan Augustine, AccuGrain
- Dustin Balsley & Dane Kuper, Performance Livestock Analytics, Inc.
- Janette Barnard, The Poultry Exchange
- Tony Bova, Grow Bioplastics
- Martin Bremmer, GrainGoat
- Brittany Clark, BidderBlock
- Caleb Crowell, New Appalachia LLC
- Carolyn Gahn, EllieFinn's Go Snacks
- Dr. Terry Hofecker, Demeter, Inc.
- Michael Koenig & Stuart McCulloh, ScoutPro, Inc.
- Peter Miller, Levrack
- Mitch Minarick, FarmAField
- Casey Niemann, AgriSync
- Dan Perpich, Vertical Harvest Hydroponics
- Andrew Pittz, Sawmill Hollow Family Farm
- Matthew Rooda, SwineTech
- Marc van Burck, Walddie
- Albert Wilde, Wild Valley Farms
- Sarah Yancey, Smiling Hara Tempeh LLC
- Griffe Youngleson, Farmzie
- Matt Zwick, FoliageLink